This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


Please note from Wednesday 1st April 2018 prescriptions charges will be £8.80

Safeguarding Children and Adults

Safeguarding Children

In our society, there will always be some children who are abused and neglected. Children have a right to be kept safe from harm, and protecting children is everyone's responsibility.  If you suspect for any reason that a child is not being treated correctly, please contact the following numbers:

The Police 999

Children, Schools & Families (including out of hours): 0300 123 4043

The Child Abuse Investigation Unit can be contacted on: 0845 33 00 222. This is a specialist team that is a department within the police with countywide responsibility for undertaking child protection investigations.

For more information about the work of the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Board (HSCB), see the link called Hertfordshire Safeguarding.

Useful links:

 Safeguarding Adults

A vulnerable adult is any person aged 18 years or over who is or may be in need of community services because of mental or other illness, disability or age, and who is, or may be, unable to take care of themselves against significant harm or serious exploitation.

Abuse is a violation of an individual's human and civil rights and may consist of a single act or repeated actions. It may be physical, sexual, financial, psychological or institutional, or may relate to neglect or discrimination.

If you have concerns that a vulnerable adult is being abused:

Call us on the adult social care number: 0300 123 4042

If there is a danger to life, a risk of injury or a crime is taking place, call the Police by dialling 999.

If the vulnerable adult is living in a registered care home or receiving domiciliary (home) care services, you can contact the Care Quality Commission (CQC) on 03000 616 161

Alternatively if you are seeing a public service professional, such as a social worker, community nurse, GP, probation officer or district nurse, you can share your concerns with them. They have responsibilities under the county's adult protection procedure and can advise you about what to do next.

Useful Links:


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website